As society becomes more sex- and pleasure-positive, sex toys are making their way into bedrooms all over the world. Once, poorly-made, shady-looking objects that could only be found at equally shady places, sex toys have come a long way. All you have to do is to walk into a sex toy shop to realize not just how mainstream these products have become, but how stunning many of them are too. In fact, some look like actual works of art.
But despite this, not everyone has incorporated sex toys into this their sex life. We need to change that. Here are five ways sex toys are great for your relationship.
1. Sex toys lead to more communication. When you walk into a sex toy store with your partner, you have to talk about what you want to buy and why. If you’ve struggled in the past to address your sexual desires with your partner, being face-to-face with a butt plug or bed restraints that you want to try, then the conversation finally gets started right then and there. Same goes if you order a product online.
2. Sex toys take the pressure off both you and your partner. If you suffer from performance anxiety, you’re not alone. Men are just as concerned about their ability to make a woman orgasm as women are concerned about being able to climax during sex. That being said, introducing sex toys, especially a couple’s sex toy like the We-Vibe Sync, into the bedroom will provide a level of confidence for both of you. This is most especially the case for women who struggle to orgasm through intercourse alone.
3. Sex toys help strengthen intimacy. With the addition of sex toys to your relationship, comes further exploration into your sex life. Exploration not only provides excitement, but knowledge about what both you and your partner enjoy sexually. The more you learn about each other in that way, the greater the intimacy between you. And, intimacy, both in and out of the bedroom, is essential for a happy and healthy relationship.
4. Sex toys are a gateway to other… things. It goes without saying that everyone has sexual fantasies. EVERYONE. Sex toys are a step toward fulfilling those fantasies, because you’re opening your mind when you open your relationship to a toy. Once your mind starts reveling in sex-positivity thanks to the sex toys you’ve introduced into your relationship, you’ll find that you’ll both evolve sexually and your relationship will be better for it.
5. Sex toys mean better sex. To get straight to the point, sex toys, without a doubt, make for better sex. Not just from a physical standpoint, but from an emotional standpoint, too. Whether you and your partner use toys that are specific for couples, or a vibrator, like We-Vibe’s new Wish that can be used solo, too, your sex life can only benefit from them. Studies have confirmed that couples who have an awesome sex life are far more likely to have a happy relationship.
Written By: Amanda Chatel – We Vibe